Before you get started, here are a few things you need to know about why, in our opinion, rowing is the best sport:
- Rowing is one of the few grade school sports you can start at any age. We have Novice freshmen on Varsity boats. You determine your success.
- Regattas allow for multiple boats in a category, so if we’re timing well we’ll race as many boats as possible. If you’re trying your best we want you to row.
- Like winning medals? Rowing, like track and swimming, offers athletes a chance to compete in multiple events per regatta opening more chances for metal standings and lots of real-time experience.
- A world-level men’s eight is capable of moving almost 14 miles per hour. Like going fast in really expensive state-of-the art engineering? Wait until you get on our boats.
- Physiologically, rowers are superb examples of physical conditioning. Cross-country skiers and long distance speed skaters are comparable in terms of the physical demands the sport places on the athletes. One year in rowing will transform your body if you give it your best effort.
- Physiologists claim that rowing a 2,000-meter race – equivalent to 1.25 miles – is equal to playing back-to-back basketball games. Our daily practices are like some sports’ weekly games. You’re not just a rower. You’re a trained athlete with stamina.
- As of 2014, there were more collegiate rowers than high school rowers in the United States, leaving lots of room for high school athletes to continue rowing at the collegiate level.
- WE HAVE FUN! Regattas are a blast, being on the water is great for your spirit, and we have the best family support of any sport out there.
Lake Brantley Rowing Association has 3 different programs to offer, including a popular annual Summer Rowing program. Click the links for more information on each program.